| BIMINI (or Sunshade) Top Shade Extension Kit, 6-8 foot Wide x 5-7 foot Long coverage (= 30-56 square feet), 6ft W x 5ft L unstretched for any boat with a Bimini, Convertible or Sunshade Top and a beam up to 10-foot with 2 Rod Holders on the gunwales at the rear of the boat. Provides coverage from the Top to the back of the cockpit area: |
- Notes: Takes just 5-10 minutes to put it up or take it down. Can also be used in the Front for Shade or as a Bow Spray Dodger or for Aft Slant-Back Shade. As seen at the Miami Boat Show.
- Two telescoping (with snap button) anodized aluminum Support-Poles (extends from 42 to 72 inches, fits in Aft Rod Holders),
- Storage/carry bag (42-inches long) with shoulder strap (similar to a beach chair bag) stows easily,
- all Straps (and C-Clips if needed in rare cases) for installation on your T-Top, Hard-Top, Bimini, Convertible or Sunshade Top frame.
- Size/Fit: Fits boat with 6-8 foot Wide BIMINI-TOP, covers 5-7 foot Long Cockpit area. Stretches over the back edge (6-12 inches) of a Bimini, Convertible or Sunshade Top with two (2) adjustable straps to the existing top frame. The aft corners of the Shade-Kit stretch to Heavy-Duty Telescoping Aluminum Poles inserted in Aft Rod Holders on the boat (if you don't have Rod Holders, MateSeries offers a very stylish stainless steel combination cup holder and rod holder). Poles tie-down securely to boat to avoid loss. Shade fabric will stretch 2 feet in both directions for a tight fit. In some cases, C-Clips (can be provided) can be used to clip on the 7/8 or 1 inch diameter aft frame of the Bimini, Convertible or Sunshade Top. Can also be used as Slant-Back curtain for protection from the sun or wind. Made in Charleston, South Carolina, USA. Ships in box 4-inches square by 48-inches long, weighing 16-17 pounds.
- Warranty: Laportes warrants to the original purchaser of its product that Laportes will repair or replace any products found to be defective in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the original purchase date. See https://www.ttopcovers.com/support/warranty.
- Installation: Installs in just 5-10 minutes:
- Remove Canvas, Poles and Straps from Storage Bag (included),
- Extend Aft Telescoping Support Poles and Insert in Aft Rod-Holders,
- Stretch Shade-Kit over the Top, Back edge of the Bimini, Convertible or Sunshade Top and adjust the Two Straps to attach to your top frame at the sides,
- Stretch Canvas back and over top of each Aft Support Pole,
- Connect the Tie-Downs to a cleat or grab handle at each rear corner to prevent loss of poles in wind and waves,
- Remove it in 5 minutes and stow it in its handy shoulder carry Stprage Bag.
- Maintenance and Care: Do NOT apply waterproofing of any type as this may damage the fabric. Clean with natural soap only.